Wednesday, April 11, 2007

How do you measure strength?

This week has been amazing.
Literally speaking.
I’ve been as busy as I never thought I would with school (and I don’t have a job or family to attend -yet- can’t imagine what my classmates who do have jobs and families might be going through)

But as you can imagine, class-work is not really an ‘amazing’ spice for anyone…or at least not for me, most of the time (ahem).

It all began two weeks ago when I got an amazing miracle:
Friday night I received a phone call for a last-minute invitation to the first Passover seder (that following Monday) with a bunch of Venezuelan Jews that live in the area.
It would have been my first Passover without anyone or anything to do in decades –I left my congregation last year and my family is far away- but I took it in stride planning on concentrating on school work and the mid-terms instead.
Not so much fun, but then things changed like out of nowhere…
I got the invite from a stranger that is not such a stranger because the meeting turned out to be a very funny ‘six degrees of separation’ kind of thing.
The Venezuelan Jewish community from Caracas is relatively small and we all have friends or relatives who studied or dated someone we know.

In this case, the woman who called me is the wife of the younger brother of a high-school classmate, the home owner where we had the seder is an older brother of another high-school classmate and the son of one of my doctors back there, and his wife is the niece of one of my mom’s best friends….and I haven’t even talk about the rest of the group but you get the idea….

Man I felt so weird!
I haven’t been with so many Venezuelan Jews in the same room since I left my country!
So cool!

Then a gal from my coaching workshops invited herself to a video-night at my place last Saturday and that’s when things started to turn to something really different! (if the last minute invite to the super-cool seder wasn’t ‘different’ enough)

We saw the fast-forwarded version of “Running with Scissors” (my bet, whatever Annette Bening is in I HAVE to watch it)
I actually loved the last 30 minutes of it, but I would not recommend it for only those 30 min.
It reminded me so much Pacifica Institute – ahem in a very weird way- but besides that, ahem, it was actually good intense stuff….still, not recommended for those final 30 min at all.

My friend was ‘out of it’, no idea what the heck was so interesting for me.
Seeing her boredom I put a DVR recording of last Friday’s episode of CBS ‘Ghost Whisperer’.
She freaked out.

Both her and I have ‘gifts’ similar to the main character of the series.
The difference between my friend and me is that for me that’s a daily thing I do, sort of like the character of the series, but not as ‘pronounced’: I turn on the switch that allows me to ‘see them’ whenever I want instead of seeing them all over the place (well, that happens often but not that often) like in the series.
My friend, on the other hand, is scared of it and doesn’t know what to do with it or how to handle it.
So I thought that given the tame and lame theme of that particular episode I could help her with a visual of what is that she could do. And how much good she can do with it.

20 minutes after a heated discussion, she agreed to watch it…and as expected, she loved it.

The recording was over and she was asking me questions and talking about this and that when I went into trance.
Just like that.

My trance is quite unique, given that I have been relating to that sphere for so long, and my exceptionally high level of sensitivity and empathic sense, I/they can be talking with you like if it was actually me while I’m cooking or walking down the street patting the neighbors’ dog or answering the phone or whatever.
Two in one.
What a treat!

So I was telling her whatever and two hours later I came back and she left very exhausted, shocked and upset (oops)

Two days later she emails me saying that she’s fine and planning for a next outing or something.

Next: this past Tuesday I get a phone call from Israel from an Uruguayan friend of mine that lives there and I haven’t seen in almost 20 years!
I met her when I was living in Israel and we lost contact before I left the country (gosh I am old, ahem, rather: who knew!!!).
We have been emailing sporadically for the past two years -she got my email from a common friend- and last month I sent her my phone number.
She is going through a really hard time: her divorce is horrible, she’s depressed and they found a cyst in her brain that nobody knows if it’s benign or not.

I didn’t get in trance but I really didn’t need it.
Two hours later she hang up tired, upset and disappointed.

In between I get a phone call from a classmate that is also having some difficult times.
That phone call lasted 20 minutes with more or less the same results.

And I find it all amazing.

Why?

Let me explain it with the assignment of the week.
We have to make a composition of images that represent what our myth means for us or what we have learned about it.

I had no idea what to do.
Then I recounted my whole week, including my visits to my healer(s), the emails from friends from around here and from far far away and all over the place, even my neighbors comments and then it hit me.

The common theme this week has been: ‘how strong and how my actions reflect how truth to myself I am’
The first two times I heard that I started to laugh like:
Me?
Strong?
Me?
Aren’t you strong too?

Yes, most are….but seems that not as strong as me.
I guess.

What’s the difference?
Maybe you and I are not that different but the main difference that my acquaintances, family and friends noted between us is….

Once I saw it, I started looking for images that express what I feel and learned from Indra, a.k.a Vajrapani, why I feel so connected to him: I wanted to transmit the energy of life that it embodies the energy of compassion, wisdom, inner-sight, action and total repulsion towards fear, flakiness and self-pity.

How to transmit life-force energy that doesn’t get scare in face of adversity and doesn’t need/want passivity to connect with the true Light inside and outside of ourselves? How to explain that miracles should be our daily living, happiness our normal state of been even when our lives are been turned upside-down and crushed into little pieces with no instructions on how to put it together again…if ever?

Not easy.
I wanted images of people walking and working in a busy street, and a picture of a siluhete of someone in there with the Light coming into their bodies while doing their stuff.
Yeah right, I’m going to find such a picture in a week-long Google search.

At the end I came up with something else, more sort of cliché, but kind of fun.

Now the challenge is to put them together in a way that I feel good about...

Talking about perfection!

No comments: